Teaching Film Production In MISD

I started my blog a long time ago in a state far, far away and unfortunately never kept up with it. Now I wish that I had. A lot has happened in the five year span since my last post with the biggest change coming in my career. I left LA and at the time thought I was leaving the film industry all together. Little did I know that I was simply moving from one aspect of the industry to another. I now teach Filmmaking and Editing in Mansfield Independent School District. I have to say this is the coolest job and most rewarding that I've ever had! Thank you to Mansfield Independent School District for the opportunity to teach!



One of the best parts of the job is seeing the final output from my students. Since we are approaching Christmas I think it's only appropriate to not only support my students but also Toys For Tots. The video below was produced in less than five days by a very talented group of students in my Video Production I class.


If you are interested in our Arts & A/V program at Ben Barber Career Tech Academy please follow the link to our class website: Class Website